Friday, October 24, 2008

What's A Rally?


So on Sunday I went to a political rally with my friend Megan Jones.  She's everything I want to be when I grow up.  Anyway, before the rally actually started a small group of us got to privately meet former US President Bill Clinton.  Now, I know that many of my Vegas friends can't stand him let alone his political affiliation, but imagine that you were meeting someone that you held in major regard and you actually got a picture with them.  I hate to admit that I am often starstruck but sometimes I am.  Unfortunately, it is never over anyone that any of my peers to care for.  Oh well, anyway, the rally.  It doesn't really matter what the rally was about, although hearing the president speak was invigorating!  What matter is the energy that I was surrounded by.  It was amazing!  To be one person in a large group of people who look different from you, have a different life, needs, wants, lifestyles, yet you're all there cheering and rooting for the same thing.  It was so exciting and I loved every second of it.  Anyway, I know that soon (although not soon enough) this election season will be over, I hope that we can continue to get excited about the things that are important to us and go after them.  Just remember to wear really comfortable shoes.

No comments: