Sunday, July 13, 2008

And on to number 2...

Tonight we closed, "...Music" and I have to say, I was a little teary eyed.  It didn't happen though until the middle of act 2 as the nuns (me) were singing the wedding music.  I know that in the beginning I griped and complained about having to learn Latin but I have to say, it had become very comforting.  Tomorrow I go full speed into my second show, "Sweeney Todd".  We are doing a "rough through" of the entire show.  And I do mean rough.  The lyrics are challenging and the music is very difficult but it's Stephen Sondheim so I wouldn't expect anything less.  
I so enjoyed a few of the kids in the production and will miss their sweet and genuine personalities.  I shall also miss our "Maria" b/c she really is a delightful and charming person.  Well I'm getting mushy not to mention sleepy so I'll end this for now.  I'll be sure to post more photos from "...Music" once I receive them from castmates.  Thanks for checking the blog!

5 comments:

Megan said...

We miss you! Sounds like fun out there. I just started a blog too...motherjones08.blogspot.com.

The Vegas Veenendaal's said...

Hey Joel! I heard that you had a blog and thought that I would check it out. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself! But, just so you know I miss seeing you up there leading the music.... :) Hey, I wanted to tell you to please let me know if I can do anything for you or your family while you are away.
Love, Stephanie Veenendaal
vegasveenendaals.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Hey Joel!
Glad to hear all is well with ya! I was in Colorado this last week and when we were walking into a church building we a sign that was refering to a man named Joel(pronounced differently, of course) Scoville. The girls and I thought that was fun. Anyway, we recently joined the blog world too! pulatribe.blogspot.com We miss seeing you on sunday too!

The Kennedy Family said...

Joel, sounds like you're having a blast (but working your butt off, too). I am so happy that you are doing what you love! Miss you!

The Walkers said...

Hey stranger...first off, love the nun outfit! You are definitely convincing! We miss you around here, and I'm still trying to figure out how to get up there to see one of your shows. I will be in touch...