Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Opening! (Sound of Music)

Well after a few days of rehearsal (literally) we opened our first show of the season, The Sound of Music. on Saturday night July 5th.  We had our season opening party last night (Sunday) and despite my doubts I had a blast.  I also got to meet two of the other casts that are here which was helpful considering I'm going to be working with some of them soon.  Myself and the other nuns got dolled up and danced the night away until about 1:30 a.m.  I haven't danced like that in a while.  Even with my one good leg I was still able to shake a tail feather.  Tomorrow I begin rehearsals for my next show, Sweeney Todd, so I will be doing double duty for the next week (Sound... closes next Sunday) not to mention I open the cabaret on Tuesday night (with 3 performances this week alone).  Yes, you can take pity on me for I am tired but loving every minute of it.  I hope you are all well and finding ways to express your talents that so often you forget you have due to family duties and church callings.  I miss you all and can't wait to see you again!

3 comments:

Kollen Marchant said...

I'm glad you are having a good time. We miss you here as well, especially since I had to lead the music in sacrament meeting. You look good in your nun outfit too. Continue to have fun.

stagemom said...

yeah! my blog works. sorry you had to lead the music . How is the ward btw? how are you doing? are you done w/ preschool? how are things with Adam? so many questions I know but I've been thinking about you. did I tell you that I love the temple out here? it is gorgeous. hey, don't forget, still waiting to meet your folks.

0 said...

Great to read about you, even though I just talked to you yesterday! I can't wait to see more photos, so figure that thing out and put some more on! Kisses! (ps, and if you break a leg, make sure it is the same one with a rod already in it!)